(Not My) Mom's Apple Pie
Full Disclaimer: My mum has not and probably will never make apple pie toast. Just to put that out there, I really have no time for lawsuits at the minute.
This apple crisp/deconstructed apple pie, (whatever bougie name we're calling it) was straight fire. Imagine the inside of an apple pie, warm gooey and sweet, the buttery taste of pastry on top of crispy rye bread, slathered in peanut butter.
Yeah, this just got PG-13 fo' sho.
Simple | Quick | Easily Vegan / Gluten Free
- Rye Bread 1 Slice (can be any bread / Gluten free bread / However many slices you fancy)
- Apple 1 Sliced
- Ghee 1 tsp (sub for coconut oil if vegan or prefer taste)
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract (Optional) 1 tsp
- Toast Bread (I find oven toasted bread tastes different than toasted bread but hey THAT'S JUST ME)
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add ghee / coconut oil until it becomes hot / liquified.
- In a small bowl cover apple slices in cinnamon, ginger (and vanilla extract if using), trying to coat each slice as much as possible.
- Add the apple slices to the warm oil and let them caramelise as they cook.
- Flip the slices until evenly brown on each side and cooked to your liking (I really like mine very browned. Feel free to add more cinnamon or ginger at this stage if you fancy more flavour!)
- Load up your toast with peanut butter/nut butter and then add the apple slices on top.
Voila! An all natural easy way to eat apple pie for breakfast!