Paleo Pumpkin Piecakes
What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
No need to clap guys, I know that one was legendary.
Here we have some pumpkin pi-pancakes set to jump us straight into fall.
Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 Approved.
Most importantly they're friggin delicious. Recipe makes 4 thick medium sized pancakes but I think the holy grail would be 5-6 smaller pancakes, to make sure they're cooked throughout. Be careful when flipping as pancakes are not as sturdy as traditional flour-bound recipes.
- 2 Eggs (Medium. Beaten/Whisked)
- 1/2 cup Canned 100% Organic Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
'Pumpkin Spice' Seasonings
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- Mix beaten/whisked eggs, pumpkin and baking powder until combined and smooth. Fork works best.
- In a separate bowl mix peanut/almond butter with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves until all combined.
- Add the pumpkin spice peanut butter to the mixed eggs, pumpkin and baking power. Stir until combined.
- Over a medium to hot heat melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a wide frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, place 1/4 cup pancake mixture into the middle of the pan, spreading out with the back of a spoon into a small, thick circle.
- Cook for three minutes on each side or until bottom is golden orange.
- Serve immediately. Go mad on the toppings!