Whenever I eat pancakes I can't get the phrase 'stacks-on-stacks-on-stacks' out of my head. It makes me feel like an OG as I work my magic with a deft pancake flip and hip-hop-happening almond butter drizzle.
Adding courgette/zucchini to the batter turns it a light-green colour (is completely tasteless) and makes it so much easier to pretend I'm singing about stacks of cold hard cash and not a veggie-pancake breakfast for one.
Instructions below, YO!
5-INGREDIENT ZUCCHINI CAKES
- 1/4 cup gluten-free jumbo oats
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 banana
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini (courgette)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (for extra FLUFF)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for frying)
- Topping Suggestions: almond butter, peanut butter, granola, honey, maple syrup, agave, chia pudding, coconut yoghurt, whatever your heart desires!
- Place all ingredients (except zucchini + coconut oil) into your blender.
- Whizz on high until all ingredients are blended. Batter will seem thinner than traditional pancakes.
- Add grated zucchini to batter, folding in gently with a spoon.
- Heat coconut oil in non-stick skillet / frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Once oil starts to spit, scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Cook until bubbles have formed then flip and cook for one minute further.
- If pancakes are too brown, lower the heat and carry on.
Makes 6 pancakes.